Moment of Delight


Moments about this particular day from childhood are still crystal clear to me when the day rang my consciousness about its prevalent festivity since the time immemorial. Holy shower in freezing water early morning, no single man fears the cold but with belief, hundred thousands of people drench themselves as a means of purifying their sinned souls and that relieves them from dreadful thoughts of being pulled into the dungeon of demons. Sooner the shivery limbs and clattering teeth are brought to a halt as hot traditional soup was slurped and its warmth overflowed every single nerve in the body. I believe, as Bhutanese nationals, everyone must have created beautiful reminiscence out of such auspicious day and as always, my day was magnificently beyond the compare of paradise.
My friends and relatives often call me a man behind the times just because I am sober and vegan and they think that my life is dull with no gaiety. But I believe, although I do not drink, I am life and soul of the party and my life is more fun than a barrel of monkeys. Orgy sure is not my lifestyle, but I do know how to enjoy out of life. In my vocabulary, definition of enjoyment is doing the things we love and conscious engagement with the world. I hate drinking, so how can it be my enjoyment? For those who love to drink, I deny not your affirmation that you are living the heavenly life.  
On the very Blessed Rainy Day, I was completely clean with my entire senses alert and I had no variety dishes, but simple vegetable curry flavored with cheese and few cups of fizzy drink, still the day was great merriment for me. Liquor and animal protein weren’t indispensible for the celebration to take place. I had the time of my life like the folks who believe their revelry in the state of intoxication. Different people have different perspectives and with the self-indoctrinated conviction of your way of enjoying the life, I hope the day has served the best for you in its riveting nature.

For me, with bowls of scrumptious porridge till my tummy screamed into a burp and subsequent traditional dishes, shared jolly gags and amusement, and concurringly, little workout with traditional games had me full of the joys of spring for a life. Enjoyably, watching the comical conduct of drunkards was more fun and I am not sure if they remember their own jovial moments of intoxication, but to me, they are bonus delightful memories for me to relish. The day sure was wonderful which gave me a stance to look at myself as a happy-go-lucky mortal. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I'm Gone...

The Almighty King

Hope On